Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Keeping Love Alive..Marriage Wednesday

Visit Country Roads



















The alarm goes off at 4:15 a.m. weekday mornings.  Mr. Lee
looked right into my eyes this morning and said, "You are so
into me."  Matter of fact it is true. Every day I love him MORE. 
You know how you look at your babies when they sleep?
Some times he watches me and other times I watch him. 
It is the same unconditional love.

Is it perfect every day, well of course not.  Not every day but
most days.  Two strong personalities, intertwined make us
better some how. 



Mr. Lee's mom,  happily married over 50 years, says it doesn't even
get really good until after 20 years and she should know.

The foundation has to be there...marriage doesn't get better on its
own.  You must pick carefully,  I can never say this enough. 
You must be equally yoked, you must love unconditionally,
and you must maintain passion for each other.  The kind of
passion that sustains life long friendships.  In marriage, as
in friendship, you are better because you have shared experiences.
Shared interests. 

Here's the kicker you can't give up..and if you have picked well
you will never want to give up.  Forsaking all others is easy because
you only have eyes for your mate. 

You bet Mr. Lee, I am really into you.
Thank you for continuing to make my roses
bloom. 

David Austin Cabbage Roses for me

Perfumed varieties

Hybrid Teas for him

Mister Lincoln

























1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post, and congrat's on all of your married years. I can guarantee that not everyone has what you have!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.