Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday, Nicholas Joshua.
Nicholas because my oldest sister,
Mericia was born on St. Nicholas Day.
She was very sick when Nicholas was born.
Joshua because it means Jesus in Hebrew.

Nicholas was fragile,  born  a month early
at 5 lbs 2 oz, he was a tiny peanut. 
The pediatrician said he may not make it
through his first night. 
I thought go f*** yourself doc.


Twenty-four candles.
He was born to serve.
Proudly serving in the U.S. Army.

We have been estranged for nearly 10 years.
An ugly divorce and an ex-Mr. Wonderful.
I know, there are murderers out there lucky
enough to be visited by their children.

I am sad to say I may not recognize
my own child on the street.
It's a hard thing to be a mother.

He is in my daily thoughts and prayers.

Be blessed my darling.
Happy Birthday.


1 comment:

  1. I had a Mr. Wonderful, but when he left my kids were teenagers. One went to live with him, but she did come back to live with her Mama and brother, and sister. Don't give up HOPE as you never know when the special son of yours comes home to his Mama!

    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.