Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Holiness of the Mundane

Girl crawled into our bed at the crack of dawn.
How does such a tiny person displace her father?
One word...diagonal.

Mr. Lee surprised me with warm chestnuts
(castanhas-in Portuguese) in bed, no less.

Castanhas, always remind me of my father.
He would peal chestnuts with his pocket knife
and offer them to me until I could eat no more.

I can close my eyes and be right there with him.
Toasty comforting thoughts.























That's my oldest niece, Christine celebrating her 2nd
birthday, my parents' kitchen table
where we would eat chestnuts,
celebrate. 

1 comment:

  1. As always, a beautiful heartfelt post. Thank you for sharing!

    Take care, Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.