Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Asking for Inspiration in the Holiday Season

Here he was, seventysomething, and still whining, 
though God had woven like a gold thread through 
every chapter of every book of Holy writ: Rejoice! 
Know that I am with you and for you and will never
leave you; take courage that I will fight for you and 
be your shield and buckler and provide for you 
when you are old; I will supply your every need, 
I will give you victory over death, 
I have prepared a place for you in heaven...
                                    Father Tim
                                    Somewhere Safe with Somebody Good
                                    The New Mitford Novel
                                                             Jan Karon






















 
This is how it always happens.
I ask and the Lord answers.
This season is my most
favorite and the most difficult.

 
Highs and lows any way the wind blows.
                              Doris Day


My mother's birthday, Halloween,
Dia de los Muertos,
All Saint's Day, All Soul's
Day, the anniversary of the passing of my sister,
the anniversary of my mother's passing, Thanksgiving,
and my late sister's birthday, my birthday, Christmas,
Mr. Lee's birthday, New Year's Day,
Uncle Joe's birthday (my brother)
and Epiphany. 

It's exhausting and exhilarating.
Wings and roots.

Hollywood Forever Cemetery
The event.













































































Our children have been raised
with the reality of life and death.
It's not scary or macabre.
They understand we are
celebrating life
and those who have passed
live on in our hearts and memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.