Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Saturday, July 21, 2012

My heart is in your heart

What we once enjoyed
and deeply loved
we can
never lose
for all
that we
love deeply
become a part
of us.

Helen Keller

There is nothing more precious than
something handmade for you.
It could be a lovingly made scarf, a special dinner,
or friend asking her sister to finish a quilt made by
your sister long ago.
That is what happened to me.
My friend asked her sister to finish
the crazy quilt top my sister made over 20 years ago.

My sister used what she had on hand.
Mostly discarded neon
polyester with some much older cottons.
Each fabric scrap hand pieced with cross stitches.
Little sweet kisses.

This year has been a year of revisiting
unresolved periods of grief.
Buried deep and ignored.
I mourn the loss of my sister more today then ever before.
Holding the completed quilt is like
wrapping my arms around my sister.
Having a good cleansing cry.

Consider for a moment, two sisters,
who will never meet,
sharing their talents to complete a work of art.

Magical inspired love.
From the bottom of my heart thank you.

If we pause in awareness,  it is easy to see
angels touching our lives every day.

The lady at the fabric store recommended I use
a fabric my sister would have liked for the backing.
Her favorite colors were brown and grey.
A brown spotty fabric for the back with
solid brown binding were selected.

It is a treat to feel the quilt's weight in my lap.
To run my fingers over the stitches my sister
formed all those years ago.
To appreciate the loving talent and
effort of a sister quilter. 

My heart is full and runneth over.























Thank you for stopping by the Pumpkin Cottage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.