Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Monday, May 17, 2010

Mama

My mom used to say that I could do anything I put my mind to.  She didn't mean it in a nice way because if I got my head around something and HAD to have it I was going to get it. 

It comes at a cost.  Here I am frustrated because I can not figure out my new statistics software.  I want to throw it across the room and drop out of grad school.  The conversation that goes through my head is, "What were you thinking at your age?"  "YOU have little guys and BIG kids."  "And a demanding job for goodness sake." 

But you know that I am not going to give up that I will pick up my gimpy body, dust myself off, seek the encouragement of spouse and children and go on.  Yep that is what I am going to do.  That is the conversation going on in my head as I wrap myself in a lap quilt that my mother made with all the hand stitching and the comfort of her embrace. 

Going to rest and start over tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.