Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hand of Fatima




































Hand of Fatima.  Fatima is my middle name so I am
fascinated with its origin.

From Jessica:

Those that don't got it, can't show
it. Those that got it, can't hide it.

                            Zora Neale Hurston
 
Picture me short, overweight, obviously a ma'am
not a Miss and crippled by Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS).
Yet, there is a certain something. 
My mother used to say my grandmother's nose nearly
touched the ground, her AS was so bad.
Regardless, I have the something both my mother
and grandmother had. 
A certain something that makes it easy to
laugh at myself and with others.  To make new
friends and keep old friends.  So so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Genie! I used to live in Riverside! Off Blaine, apartments near ucr.
    Good to see you and Mr.Lee at the reunion (great beard!) You were and remain a really kind person, a blessing, a ray of light in a darkening world. Have a wonderful day! ~ zp

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.