Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Monday, June 30, 2014

Sisters First Best Friends.

Making friends when you are little.

























Before I was a glimmer in my father's eye, I
had a sister who longed for twin baby siblings,
dreamed of the twin siblings, and pestered our
mother.

Dulce was 14 when my brother was born
and 16 when I was born.  Not a set of twins,
but a boy and a girl born twenty-three months apart.

Unlike our older sister, who had to warm up
to the idea of, gasp, more siblings. Dulce welcomed us
and helped raise us.  Dressing us, bathing us, she was
a little mama to us.  Spending her hard earned cash
to spoil us and help our parents.

My precious, sweet, obedient sister
has been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's.
The second most feared diagnosis after cancer.

At 40 she survived an aneurysm, a few years ago
she was diagnosed with skin cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.