Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Be thankful

This is one of my favorite Biblical verses. 

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, 
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18


In these uncertain times, these words have been gold to me.

Today, and everyday, I have a spirit of gratitude for knowing the Lord.
For my health, this allows me to care and provide for my family.
My precious family and friends.

I am thankful for the government and all the taxpayers who funded
public broadcasting services and libraries.
These two things expanded my life beyond its modest beginnings.
No matter how poor we were I had in my possession the power of
a literary passport in my library car.  All for the price of asking.

Growing up, we had one television with basic channels.

PBS, more specifically KQED, was where I met Big Bird,
Mr. Rogers, the Electric Company.
Public Broadcasting introduced me to BBC produced entertainment
and the Masterpiece Theater.

My conscience will not even allow me to consider
voting for a candidate that even utters the words
cut spending in the same sentence with PBS.
Really?  Allow billionaires to tuck their
bankrolls in the Caymans but cut PBS.
That is okay, the wealthy have plenty of other choices,
nannies, private tutors, you name it.


Imagine if PBS goes away, it is already tainted by corporate funding.
Simply imagine it gone. Who would blow the whistle?

Locally, I support my PBS station and Pacific Radio
(still solely listener supported).
There is no other media outlet for real investigative news.

We are in this together.  On November 6, we will forever decide the
direction of this great nation.
There is a chill in my spine.
Could it be greed will out vote the righteousness.?
If you are on the fence, ask yourself why are Sheldon Adelson,
the Koch brothers, and Karl Rove
dumping fortunes into the Romney/Ryan campaign?

Will the voices of the 47% be heard?
Will the 99% be heard?
Will the President stop being a diplomat and come out fighting?

Is anyone out there reading this? 




















Get your own here.

I need a shot of Dr. Cornel West

3 comments:

  1. Ahhh...one of my favorite verses. And I too was raised on and still love good old PBS! And good old American values!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bet. So good to have a kindred spirit. XXXOOO
    GENIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet. So good to have a kindred spirit. XXXOOO
    GENIE

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.