Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Knitting

So I was over here reading Alicia's blog. She is writing about knitting and I start to bawl. My mother was a whiz at knitting. She didn't count her stitches...it was like music she just got into a rhythm. She could just fly while we watched Lawrence Welk or I Love Lucy..our all time favorite shows.

So many things I wish I had learned. She taught me so much but I wish I had learned more especially to knit. I didn't because the feel of yarn was always gross to me. I liked the feel of fabric, the feel of floss but never yarn. But now, yarns are beautiful , feel yummy, and are available all over the place.

I don't know if I will ever have my mother's knitting rhythm but if what Alicia describes is true I want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.