Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Friday, December 11, 2015

Accept, Acknowledge and Proceed

A mistake is simply another way of
doing things.

                               Katherine Graham

My heart is full in this little cottage.
Surrounded by the people, kitties, and things
I adore.


























I had a text from work today asking if I was
bored.  I could never get bored, right
now I am not physically or mentally able to do
all that I want to do.  My body and is recuperating,
and even though much of my chronic hip pain is
gone, I feel sore.  Sore like the flu, but I don't have
the flu.

I only read today in Where Women Create,
issue Nov/Dec/Jan 2016, an article
on Carol Darilek, describing her bout
with breast cancer where she says, "For
a while, my creativity disappeared as 
I concentrated on healing emotionally and physically."

Please, don't misunderstand, I am not comparing my
condition with cancer but a light bulb did go on.
It took over 3 years of pushing my very human
hip to its limit before I acknowledged something had
to be done.  I didn't before, but I am validating my
old pain and exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.