Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Friday, December 4, 2015

Recuperating in Prayer

So teach us to number our days
that we may get a heart of wisdom.
            Psalm 90:12

During this holy season, I am trying to stay
focused on recuperating in prayer.
Nights are still hard, I can't seem
to stay asleep. My mind isn't racing,
I just wake up from a sound sleep. 
I'd like to busy my hands but apparently
enough pharmaceuticals
have not been flushed from my system.  

It's so hard to stay optimist in a
world so cold.


As part of my personal effort to be
a light of compassion, one of the gifts
I collected to give our daughter is
Pollyanna, the Glad Book by 
Eleanor Porter.

The little book's premise is to
find gladness in all circumstances. 
For me,  this means leaning into
discomfort. To give of my time
and resources, to exhibit
courage and open my heart.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.