Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Monday, July 27, 2015

Chronic Fatigue

My heating pad blanket is wrapped
around my shoulders.
My body is an open ache.
Damning attention, hampering
focus, and impeding my joyful
progress.  

Right now I am negotiating how
long I will allow myself to stay in bed. 
Strategically placing the heat down
the right side of my body.

I have plans this morning, so I have to get up,
and get out of the house.  On work days,
I just go, no thought just get up and get
out.  But on days off, I want to be
kind and considerate of my limitations.


Mr. Lee left me a thermos of
black coffee. A treat during my contemplation.






















To feel content in all circumstances.
See how the child snuggles into
a safe place.

When I can't tolerate the pain,
I pray, as my mother taught me.
Prayer is a lullaby more powerful
than any drug.

John 10:9
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.
They will come in and go out, and find pasture. NIV

Pasture, a place of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.