Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Portuguese Treats in San Jose's Alum Rock Neighborhood

Alum Rock.   We decided not to head home without Portuguese treats.
My mother used to load us up with all my childhood favorites.  It is our desire
to carry on this tradition for our children.

My memories of my mother staying outside until she could no longer see
our car driving away stays with me.  She'd always questioned my certainty,
had I picked up all our belongings, because she hated to find even the smallest toy
after our departure...it made her cry.  The only way to calm the bittersweet memories
is to find savory and sweet Portuguese treats.

First stop savory, Goulart's, where the service is super friendly and informative.


Second stop sweet, another super friendly destination with all my
favorite bakery goods and cheese.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.