Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Friday, April 29, 2011

Heartbreak

My heart was broken early and often.  The first time was the deepest and from then on no one has been allowed into that depth.  Still I have loved with abandon because you will only experience the heights if you experience the depths. You have to let go.   My heartbreak has been a blessing and a window to grace.  Have I learned to protect my heart? Absolutely, not.  

Live in the moment.  Live in the joy.  Dust yourself off and put one foot in front of the other. When I was growing up my mom would allow me to play music loud and we would dance. Shake the sadness right out.  Dance until your heart is racing and you break a sweat.
My mother and I continued to dance until she couldn't dance anymore. 
Do what I do.  Listen to songs with the f-word like Cee Lo Green really loud.  Then a dose of Elvis Presley or Costello.  A little Latin flavor from Santana and round it out with a fado if you need a good cry.   See the wonder around you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.