Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter

Happy Easter all my darlings. This has been the toughest holiday so far. Easter is the last holiday where I can recall my mother being okay. It was the last holiday she cooked for our extended family. It was the Easter before she came to live with my family. Jacob was little. It is a memories I hold onto with care because it was so typically my mother. Up at the crack of dawn to cook, do laundry and just get things going long before any of us where even awake.

Enjoy your families. Hugs and kisses all around. Here is a little glimpse of our road trip so far.

On Friday we took a very long slow trip up the 99. Before we even reached the 99, we stopped in Sherman Oaks at Natas Pastries. Absolutely delicious. Some of the custards were still warm. There was a little bit of all things Portuguese. Custard tarts, huge suspiros (it means sigh..meringue cookies), and even cod cakes.
See us at the Sherman Oaks Discovery Shop. Hey, I waited 20 years to play with a little girls hair.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.