Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Friday, March 13, 2009

Pink Kitchen

The 424 Purisima house had a porch, formal living room, two upstairs attic rooms, two downstairs bedrooms, a family room and a kitchen my parents painted pepto bismol pink. I remember the night we painted the kitchen because I had gone into the kitchen to say good night after my bath time and almost immediately leaned against the freshly painted kitchen door. Also, pink.




It wasn't until a very difficult period in my adult life that I began to really admire and enjoy pink. Pink is a nurturing color. If you are sad and need comfort wrap yourself in pink. While your at it, please note the lovely plaid pants with my striped sweater.




Did I mention that we had one HUGE bathroom with a clawfoot tub? Imagine seven people and one bathroom. That's a story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.