Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Day 8: Happy Birthday, Mother

























Happy Birthday, Mother. 
Mother loved birthdays
and simple gifts.  She was happy just
to be surrounded by her children and grandchildren.

When we were sick we longed for her.
No matter the distance she came to
care for us. 

Mother, You cast a giant shadow. 
We will never forget you.

I have found 
the paradox,
that if you love 

until it hurts,
there can be no more hurt, 
only MORE love. 

               Mother Teresa

Oh, how I wish she were still with me.


In the last months of her life,
I would sit for hours holding her
hand. I thought I knew, how much
I would miss her touch, her healing
power, and her compassion, but I only
knew a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.