Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Sunday, August 17, 2014

What does true love look like?

"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown 
into flame by another human being
Each of us owes deepest thanks to those 
who have rekindled this light." 
                  
                                Albert Schweitzer 

.






















 
Taste of Portugal:Sumol soda and linguica sandwich

Mr. Lee was sharing that he had 
overheard someone say, "If you are lucky, 
you will spend 18 summers with your
children."  
 
My mother would say, "The best time
of your life is when your children are little."
This precious time is like youth lost on the young. 



































We want to make the most of it, 
each and every moment.  
Summer is wrapping up.  The Get-Along-Gang
always tries to have a transition week 
from summer to fall. 

Unlike most of the parents we know, 
we are not excited to have school start. 
The beginning of school marks the 
beginning of strict bed times, homework
obligations, and darkness at dinner time.  

We've done this before and 
understand time is fleeting.  

Old timey candy from my youth
 

2 comments:

  1. Childhood is so wonderful.....hope you are enjoying your Summer! Your name was picked for one of my artcards .....so happy to be sending you some snailmail...all I need to ask of you is for your address. If you could leave it for me on my gmail account which is found in my profile on my blog xoxoxo Hugs and love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I am so so blessed. Bloggyland is so amazing, so much goodness in this world. Light shared to cast shade on any darkness. Crafty,generous, loving women all around the world. Without knowing each other we open our hearts. I am so blessed to follow a few of them. Koralee, thank you and thank you. You inspire and spread grace. e

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.