Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sleep

A regular sleep pattern eludes me.
This morning I woke up with a song in my head.
Does that ever happen to you?

The theme song for the Courtship of Eddie's Father.
Don't know what triggered the memory.
Maybe the comfort and safety of childhood.
A revitalizing of my soul.

"Best Friend,"
 by Harry Nilsson
 
 People let me tell you 'bout my best friend,  
 He's a warm hearted person who'll love me till the end.  
 People let me tell you 'bout my best friend,  
 He's a one boy cuddly toy, my up, my down, my pride and joy.
 People let me tell you 'bout him he's so much fun  
 Whether we're talkin' man to man or whether we're talking son to son.  
 Cause he's my best friend. 
 Yes he's my best friend.
 





















My childhood friend, Aileen.  Girlfriends have sustained me through
all the bumps.  Friends since 1st grade. Our maid of honor.
How blessed are we?

2 comments:

  1. It's a unique thing to still have your best friend from the first grade! What a blessing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have two friends from childhood.
      Chrisy and I have been friends since we were four and Aileen and I since first grade. It is incredible to not have to explain anything. I also have my first girlfriend, Anna, in So Cal from nearly 25 years ago. Remember the brownie song? Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other is gold. So blessed.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.