Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Boa Páscoa Happy Easter

For our family, Spring Break will always be Easter break.
The end of Lent...40 days of reflecting to a fresh beginning...a rebirth.


Each year., during the Spring season,
I experience an awakening through crafting and gardening.
This year, I also experienced a time of meditation and reflection.
Probably since my 14th year, I have known my calling, my devotion.
What I was born to do but I denied the call because I felt weak.
Then too, I was born a female in a religion were the males lead the ministry.

Regardless, God is patient.  This past two years I have
been on my knees because He wanted me to seriously
listen and HEAR the call.  To heed the path He had designed.
To submit and surrender. The more I stood my ground the more
disabled I became.  My will to deny was strong but His will
stronger. This Lenten season I listened and heard the rumbling in
my heart and soul.  He has prepared my fragile and humbled
spirit to take on the burden.
 
Lately, my peace of mind has been catching the scent of tomato plants and
sweet peas as I water.  Using brightly colored paints and thread
has helped, too.



This year's cupcake craft was spied in Amy Powers' Spring 2012
 issue of  inspiredideas an online magazine popping with ideas.




















Look for Amy's instructions for glittery eggs on her blog InspireCo








































The "stems" came from right outside my brother's home. 




















Glittery eggs made with antique mica and the text from a
Goodwill book.  It was perfect book supplying plenty of  "Queen" text. 


































The eggs still need bows and decorations but ta da.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.