Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Friday, April 20, 2012

Green Scene Fullerton Aboretum

My pai, pronounced like pie,  (father)  was an animal whisperer.
He was the village vet with no formal training.
Everyone in the village knew and would call on him for their
farm and domestic animals. It was a quiet compassion.  A
little spark of passion when he was around animals.

I was unable to walk down to the pond but look how
Daddy documented the magic moment.  The kids are so
sweet they understand and don't push when I hurt. 

I dare say Holly has a bit of it, too.














































Pai could also tell a good yarn.   She seems to have  inherited
that skill, too.   If fills my heart with joy.

Jacob was interested in the carnivorous plants. He has his own garden
of succulents.  Not more prickly cactus I say.
His pick for the day was a Venus fly trap.
The best part of attending an event like is 
the enthusiastic expert information you receive.








Have a blessed Friday.

2 comments:

  1. What lovely children Eugenia! I am an animal whisperer myself (my family & friends call me Dr. DoLittle) and I think you are right, Holly looks to have it too! What keeps you in pain Dear? How can I pray for you. As one who suffers from chronic pain 24/7 I can say "I feel your pain". Be blessed. Send me a private message if you like.
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to the Green Scene in several years now. You are such a good Mom. I absolutely LOVE all the things you expose your kids to and teach them. I so wish there were more parents like you. Could you imagine what a better world our future would hold?

    Take care,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.