Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Marriage Wednesday


Tiny Bubbles sung by Don Ho was added to our
our music queue.  Doesn't this charming couple
remind you of  Hawaiian wedding? Warm all over.

Every bride and groom should  plan for a bed of roses.
But prepare for thorns, pruning and the bare root season.
These are the seasons of life and marriage.

Inside I feel 6 feet tall.  Never mind that I am shrinking
from my original 5' 1" stature.  My poor diseased spine
makes me look like a candy cane.  I pay no never mind.
My mother used to say I know I am little and it doesn't
bother me. She also said her mother's nose
dragged on the ground and mine would, too.
It hurt her but reality is reality.  Mother
wanted to raise realistic children. 
Good attitude. Me?  I lived in the sea of
denial until today. 

My cane arrived and I was crest
fallen it is a TINY 31" and fits perfectly. What am I
worried about?  I imagined my 6' self with a heavy
dangerous weapon. A tangerine colored weapon of terror.
To beat would be attackers off.
Just like Holly says keep your eyes open and
punch them in the face.  Honestly,  I don't think
a swift bang to the back of the head of an
intruder would work. Luckily the husband
always investigates.
 
What does my husband say, you ask.
He says, "You are my girl."
There you have it.  Marry someone to
love you through it all.  Love your mate
a little more each and every day.


What about a movie date night?

Easy Living with Jean Arthur  1937

Joe: This one is beautiful.  I love the guy who plays Louis Louis.
       Never heard of the actor but he is a true comic genius.  Jean Arthur
       is a wonderful actress that is not often remembered but she is terrific.
       She doesn't have the quirks and facial expressions or glamor
       of  Dietrich, Crawford, etc.  To me, she is a true actress.
       Dietrich did a movie about her and called her, "a plucked chicken.:"
       What a big B and a P!

Me: B and P mean the same thing just two different languages.
       This was adorable. I love the Hotel Louis.  The cafeteria scene
       is grand, too. 

The Palm Beach Story 1942

Joe: This one stars the delightful Claudette Colbert.
       Beautiful face like a four leaf
       clover but no neck.
       Perfect vamp because there isn't too much area between
       he lips and cleavage!

Me: My favorite character is the "weenie king."  It is
       a great story. 

 Talk of the Town 1942

Joe: Really great movie.  This is a comedy but there is suspense
       especially in the beginning. Worth getting through the suspense
       to have a really enjoyable movie.  Great actors including the villains.

Me: Haven't seen it yet but Joe's been on target. 

Theodora Goes Wild

Joe:  This is a very cute movie about the moralities of a bygone age.

Me:   Love the hats, hot tea, stuffy uptight ladies, and small town gossip. 
         Formal events with tails. 







































Make Something from Pam Garrison



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.