Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Amy Powers' Workshop

 I'd dozed off.  Daddy is away so we all get to sleep together. 
Only problem is, sometimes, Jacob does the sleeping dance
and falls right out bed CRASH.  He never wakes up.  He
simply crawls back to bed. It is an amazing sight. The thud
and then the little body just up and at it without ever waking
up. 

Holly found a new cartoon.  Princess Holly and Ben Elf.
Precious.  I like listening to it as they watch almost as
much as Charlie and Lola.  I especially like hearing the
characters say "Princess Holly."  It's finish dinner,
check homework, bathes, watch a few episodes of
Princess Holly, like writing it, too, and
off to blissful sleep. Thank you, Lord, for these blessings.

And a multitude of others.  I signed up for an Amy Powers'
online workshop.  Here's hoping...a  few of my little
friends will join me and we can participate together.
Before anyone protests, the class is online and it's not until June.
If you are new to embroidery, Amy has tailored
the class for any level.  Her work is so charming
and she appears to be such an enthusiastic instructor.
I am really looking forward participating and have
already started my happy list for images for the
sampler I will complete.

My sampler will have a little crown, brown and olive green
spots or polka dots, a birthday cake, crayons, a favabean
(will be my screen name), a rosary, rain,
I Love Lucy heart, something wedding,  a black
kitty...the list of happy things could be endless.



 





















And an artichoke.  It might just be me but I think
artichokes are regal.  I grew up eating them on the
coast.  The queen artichoke was every where in
omelets,  quiches, and steamed.  We found this
loveliness at the Fullerton Arboretum.  More
on the Green Scene adventure tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.