Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Happy Saturday

Happiness isn't something you're born with.
It isn't something lucky people bump into.
It's a fire you light in your spirit and protect until it burns
in spite of every wind that makes it flicker."
from a journal, Angelina Williamson November 3, 2004

I personally know too many people battling cancer at this very moment.
When I first wake I think of them and say a little prayer. It has to be
first thing in the morning because the day will fill with necessary but unimportant
motion.  It is my opportunity to continue a conversation with the
One through all things are possible. 
  
“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people
will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
Maya Angelou

Color inspires me but this image from Living in a Nutshell caught
and keeps my attention. 
It may be the order and formalness of the columns. 
The contrast of black and white, linear
and curvy.  Bold stripes to the right draw the eye.
In all the formalness there hangs the whimsical lamp
to draw the eye up.  The glimpse of orange to keep the
eye moving.  Design genius. I love it.  Find joy today.

This book in on my wishlist.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.