Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Seeking Nuggets of Inspiration

My word for 2015 was seed.  This word continues to
pop up, inspire and lead me into learning journeys.
It starts something like this: read,
today it was from this book,
Desire to Inspire Using Creative Passion
to Transform the World.


Unlike the light reading I enjoy for pleasure, there are
books I read for nugget safari.  Safari is best achieved
with electronic books where passages may be highlighted,
comments written, and searches for text or highlighted
passages are easily performed.  Sometimes it can take me
years of contemplation to recognize a nugget but once it is found
I can easily locate the passage and my related thoughts. 
The nugget of information is only recognizable with openness
to the lessons, people or circumstances presented.






















Here's my short list of books I use in this way:
The Bible
You're Made for a God-Sized Dream
This is the Story of a Happy Marriage
30 Lessons for Living: Tried and True Advice from the Wisest Americans
Life is a Verb
A Short Guide to a Happy Life

A single word or passages may spark a journey.
Today it was this sentence:


One small garden
spread seeds to a photographer from Guam,
a poet from Israel, a writer from Lithuania and
artists from all over the U.S.

From this passage I started an internet search for  
Amy Krouse Rosenthal's movement The Beckoning of Lovely
then I found Amy's Tedx on the subject.  From there...
Sam Bern's Tedx on My Philosophy for a Happy Life.

Amy shared this in her Tedx:

What you seek, you will find.
What you summon, will find you.


This is true in my life.
It happens all the time but is best illustrated by my
thrift store safaris.
Most of the time, I hunt without expectation.
It's enough to simply be open to finding a
treasure.  On occasion, I do seek specific things
with excellent results.
Months ago I was seeking curtain rings as
the base for creating ornament wreaths.
Found a one gallon zipper bag full for $5.
Still using these lovelies to make
ornaments.
















































Sought a specifically shaped bird house.
Found the very next day for $3.
Work is progress:























After Christmas, sought a blow up red
cardinal for 2016 Christmas garden display. 
Found on sale the following day.

Mr. Lee says bring $1 Million Dollars or
bags of cash to us. That's a story for another day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Genie...
    You just do my heart good... ALWAYS. PERIOD.
    And Golly... Those ornaments are looking a bit familiar to your ole friend here... :-)))
    You are my treasure,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.