Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

2016 A Word

Live a balanced life-learn
some and think some and draw and
paint and sing and dance and play
and work everyday some.

                     Robert Fulghum


In between, the painting of flowers from nails,
I have been quietly considering words for
my One Little Word 2016 project
hosted by Ali Edwards.

For 2015, my word was seed. The seeds,
explored in my thoughts were planted
throughout last year. It's a process, I will
not abandon. 

Part of my recuperation process has been
to clear out clutter and purge. I cleared
out dozens of magazines and sorted through
books, ripping out my favorite pages
and collecting pages in categorized binders.

The Feb-March 2010 issue of MaryJanesFarm
had a snippet about praise. "As you open your
eyes to the work of talented women around you,
allow yourself to experience awe without envy."
Acknowledge and praise the work of creatives.

My 2016 word will be praise but I will
expand my understanding to all creatives
and to my biblical devotional learning, too.

I want to create and to praise the efforts
of others. 



To start: Painting of a Garden

Jar of nails.






Color choices.














Holly and I painted stems.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.