Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Preparing for the holiday season

September 1 isn't just our anniversary date, for us,  it also marks the beginning of the
holiday decorating season.
The fall flag is flying.  Autumn ready, set, go.

We are cleaning, organizing and styling the whole cottage.

















This is one of my favorite ironworks that has just been collecting
dust for years.  It can be used for candles but I am going to use it
for hanging crafty supplies.

Here is the mirror we started at the end of last year. The reflection
is our clean and reorganized office.


















































What a difference don't you agree?

The freshly painted mirror sits about a little writing desk that I have had in my
possession for nearly 30 years.  It's a little wobbly but I love it.  My mother
gave it to me years ago for my first apartment.  The desk was gifted to her by her
first cousin Maria and her husband, Gabriel Texeira.  The couple was married for
over 60 years.  Maria wrote many of her love letters to Gabriel on
this very desk. The history of the desk alone makes it a worthy piece.
The contrast between the white paint of the mirror and darkly stained wood of the

desk is surprisingly refreshing.  Like a junior mint.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.