Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Monday, December 21, 2009

Only Five Days Until Christmas

I love Christmas so much. I have always loved the thought of of an extended family. As children, my family always celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve. My anticipation and excitement was surrounded in waiting for my older brothers and sisters to come home with their spouses to open Christmas presents and have dinner with together.

It was really the dinner and being together that was the best. Yes we mostly received practical items like underwear, nightgowns or pjs if you were a boy, and chocolate but we looked forward to any gift.

Our children continue our traditions. We completed the first round of Christmas tree decorations tonight. It is so much fun to watch them decorate together.

It is my greatest hope that my children will look back at their Christmas as fondly as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.