Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Bible Journaling

Marginalia - Marginal notes or embellishments (as in a book)

How cute is her hair?
















For as long as I can remember, I have been
writing in the margins of
Bibles and in textbooks. 
It appalls some of my friends but I can't
resist: it helps me retain what I learn.
It's a way to deepen my understanding,
to easily recall poignant concepts,
related history, and definitions of words.

I am a auditory and visual learner. 
Listen and rewriting
verses ensures they stay with me.
Simply rewriting notes/verses deepens the experience of study.

So when I learned of the journaling Bible it was love at first
sight.  Right now I am taking an online course with Stephanie Ackerman,
Bible doodler extraordinaire.  The Illustrated Faith blog link is
on my blog roll.














This morning I found my first Bible verse,
isn't is amazing how the
perfect verse always presents itself?

You have taken up my cause, O Lord;
you have redeemed my life.  You have seen the wrong 
done to me.  Uphold my cause.   Lamentations  3:58-59 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.