Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Art Saves

Art saves....what a blessing to grow up in a crafty family. 

Whether you think you can,
or you think you can't,
you're right.


{Henry Ford}


For always I have thought I could do anything.
If I worked hard enough and wanted it enough. 
I could make it so.

This year shook me to my core and spun
me into a wave of darkness.

An undertow so strong it felt like I was drowning.
A place I felt my soul could not escape.

Art....the creative energy and the love of God pulled me
out. Family and friends demanding I come to the shore.

Our maid of honor surprised us with a visit yesterday.
Totally unexpected and so sweet.  
I needed to see her face...to hug her.

Such a comfort to have a lifelong friend or two.
We don't have to explain anything we know the long 
and short stories of our shared lives.

Our children, our broken hearts and success stories
all out on the table. 




























What a treat to be together.  
The last time Aileen visited our home
was nearly 11 years ago for our wedding. 

Our men get along very well.  
They enjoyed cigars as 
we gardened a bit.  Aileen always prepared..
see the gloves in her hand?
Truly we are family.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.