Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Moving Through the Webs

In middle age we are apt to reach the horrifying conclusion that all sorrow,
all pain, all passionate regret and loss and bitter disillusionment are self-made.
Kathleen Norris

Seems a bit harsh.
I will take some of the blame but not all of it.

Still finding sleep difficult to come by.  I long for the days when I
would turn to my husband and say I going to sleep now and be asleep
before my head hit the pillow.


There is a little something missing probably need a little retail therapy
or online window shopping.
Hunting in an antique shop or bookstores revitalizes my soul.




















The Back in the Day Bakery Cookbook is much anticipated because
Savannah, Georgia is on my wish list for cities to visit and the owners
of the bakery are pure charm.  All vintage and happiness.
That's exactly what the doctor
ordered anything overflowing with positive sentiments. 
Cheryl and Giff Day make me smile.
I can clearly imagine walking into their bakery, the smell of
pink birthday cake lingering in the air, and old fashioned cupcake
filled display cases.  Sweet and savory.

Years ago I started a scrapbook where I would paste pictures of individuals,
mostly women, that inspired me.  They are always smiling with a bit of self
satisfaction shining through. Truly genuine.  Cheryl Day has one of those faces.
So did Denise E. Allen, Miss Allen was one of the first faces I added to my collection
many years ago prior to the tragic loss of her son on September 11, 2001.
Her personal look and work is more serious now obviously and understandably
tinted with sorrow but I still have the images of her smiling face. The eyes
are supposed to be windows to the soul but a smile is very telling. 
There are crocodile smiles and then there are smiles of life lived authentically.


Another genuine woman is Alicia Paulson  she is offering a new sampler
in cross stitch this time.  I also spied this birdie banner for
spring from Charlotte Lyons.



Another of my favorite smiling women is Shari Elf.  The founder
and creative force behind the World Famous Crochet Museum.
No kidding.  My darling husband drove me there for a visit. 

When I started college my passions where liberal studies, women's
studies and ethnic studies.  My friends would joke, "You want fries
with that?" After my divorce, I finished a business degree instead. 
Had to feed two growing boys. 
The whole indie movement has allowed women to provide for
their families while satisfying their passions.  So happy that in a
small way I can support their endeavors.

Thank you for stopping by.







4 comments:

  1. Lovely post Eugenia! I got that tea cozy pattern you sent me to. Much thanks My Friend, Sleep peacefully this weekend {something I struggle for these days, or shall I say nights, too}.
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard. I hate to complain..trying to live in the body that fights me. It wasn't always this way, I was able bodied for 32 years with sporadic episodes so I want to be grateful. Plus how fortunate that I was blessed with two more children after onset. I know you understand.
      I thought of you immediately when I discovered the tea cozy pattern. Hugs and kisses.

      Delete
  2. Eugenia~ Don't mean to be nosy~ can't tell by the picture ~ are you Indian? Just curious. My brother~in~law is from India. He is one of my favorite people in the whole wide world.
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not nosy. I am Portuguese born in the Azores. They were seafaring people...from all over. All my friends from India are so soft spoken. Just the sweetest. Thank you for asking. My husband is Dutch-Indo born in Holland. We are the international family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.