Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Saudade

They will only be little for a minute. Holly, Jacob and Antonio sharing a snowcone. How is life so painful and sweet at the same time?


I've been wanting to share this Portuguese word with you but I had no way to explain the overwhelming feeling that it evokes.

But I read about it here on this blog . The comments are below:

Saudade is the Portuguese word. Its poetic meaning is very difficult to translate and I believe it really defines us as a people.

This is so true. This is the word I use to express my longing to my mother and she says it back. "Saudade" is how I feel just a deep longing and love that no single English word can express.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.