Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Friday, April 14, 2017

Are You Living your Purpose?

It does not matter how old I get, my journey
is always about arriving at a crossroads.
Seeking peace and having so little of it.

My dearest desire was to be simple like my father. 
He didn't seek promotions, wealth, or education.
All these things were available to him and yet
he simply was not interested.

My father was the happiest with his animals.
My heart swells with the thought of his
compassion and love for all creatures. 
Oh, how I have yearned to follow in his footsteps.

It was not to be so.
No matter where I ran,
because this life has been a series of marathons.
No matter the hiding place, the light of Jesus
would illuminate the path directly to me.
No matter the place the wounded would come.

I'm not blessed with the healing of animals like my
father or the healing of bodies like my mother.
My gift and curse is the healing of  the intangible...
of the spirit. 

Five years ago I traveled to a dark place.
The journey dropped me to my knees and tested my
resolve to continue my disobedience and neglect  of a
nagging God-size vocation. And yet, I continued
to run,

I changed jobs, made it a point to lay low, try
to make myself invisible, and ignore the call. 
It was not to be,  every
single evening as I exited my homeward exit
off the freeway. The local university billboard mocked,
"Live Your Purpose."  Mr. Lee says he could always tell
when I  arrived at this destination crossroads,
in our phone conversation, because apparently I would sigh. 
And he would ask, "Are you living your purpose?"


La Posada Hotel, Winslow, AZ

 




















1 comment:

  1. I am praying... always praying... as God shows you your next step of your journey in fulfilling the purpose He has for your Beautiful life My Sweet, Sweet Genie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.