Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Monday, September 14, 2015

Pondering Chronic Pain

 Mind over Matter by Timtam


In 7th grade I broke my middle finger playing
volleyball.  Surgery was necessary because I had
a couple of bone chips floating in there.


When it was time to remove the metal pin.
The male nurse, I mention this only because
a female nurse probably wouldn't have said
this to a 7th grader,
said, "Mind over matter,"
and yanked the pin sticking out with a pliers.
My girlfriend, Chrisy, watched with amazement
as the blood gush from the end of my finger.

To this day I use the concept of mind over matter
to cope with excruciating pain.

Visits to markets and thrift stores distract me
like no pain medicine can.

 Vintage Marketplace, Rainbow, Ca.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.