Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Monday, May 4, 2015

On Not Being Brave


I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
                                                     Philippians 4:131


Vintage Market, Turlock, CA























Soon I will be flying out to Fort Worth.
It's been nine years since I have traveled
alone.  For goodness sake, I have
four children spanning 20 years because
I like company. 






















This is the first time since I am this disabled.
I never rent a car so I will be counting
on public transportation.

The reservationist says my hotel
is only a block from the convention center.
A block, strikes fear in my heart.
I may not be able to walk a block
or walk the convention floor between
sessions. 


Remnants of the Past























My greatest downfall, I don't like
to ask for anything but especially help.
As a little girl of 5, I had to speak for my
parents, ask questions, ask for help.
To this day this strikes fear in my heart.

When I feel the related anxiety, I engage in
self talk.  I speak English, I encourage my
heart and mind.  My parents came across an ocean,
across this great land, without speaking
a word of English  They were so
brave.  I don't feel brave. 


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful heartfelt post. Thank you for sharing your words and feelings!

    Take care,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using RentalCars you can discover cheap rental cars at over 49000 locations worldwide.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.