Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cottage Musing

Whenever we visit the homes of friends,
I come away with a feeling of doom.
A feeling of needing to grow up.
To live more like an adult.
My friends homes are polished.
Minimal clutter, non-existing bric-a-brac.
Grown up.


















Monotone.
Monochromatic.
Midcentury.
Traditional.

Honestly, none of these words
describe how we live or our
design style.


























Cottage.
Bohemian.
Eclectic.
Bright.
Tchotchkes.


Urban Barn, Escondido



















This is the dialogue thread that has
defined my life.  What I am and what
I wished I could have been.

In the end, my authentic self has won.
It is clear in the books and magazines where
I spend a significant amount of cash and time.
The inspiration scrapbooks I create.
In the orange cane I carry.
In the places we visit.

Simply, I must accept the portrait of my heart
illustrated in the way we adorn our cottage. 

To answer the call from within.


Goodwill, Escondido



















Word of the day: Authentic.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely DO NOT change one single thing!
    NO GROWING UP! Love you as YOU :)))!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.