Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cottage Loving


























The cool weather should be coming.  The changing weather
gets me dreaming about cozy cottages. 
This little cottage is situated on the island of
Pico, Azores.  So close to the ocean you can taste the mist.



I want to have a little house with sunlight on the floor, 
A chimney with a rosy hearth and lilacs by the door,
With windows looking East and West, And a crooked apple tree, 
And room beside the golden fence, for hollyhocks to be.

Nancy Byrd Turner
 
These lovely words have been painted
on the wall of my powder room for nearly eleven years.
It is still as true for me today as the day I painted them.
I still don't have a chimney but I have a crooked apple tree and
hollyhocks in the garden.

Here's to the lovely golds, oranges and yellows of November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.