Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Who We Are











This photo was taken nearly 11 years ago at my girlfriend's wedding.
Can you see how proud we are to be together.  
My girlfriend, Chrisy, and I  have been friends since we were four.
We have weathered many storms and our lives have, often times, paralleled each other. 
We have traveled the mountains and valleys together. 
We started kindergarten together and survived junior high school ( I don't care that it is called middle school now), bad relationships, divorces, career drama, and the losses of all our parents.

When I study this photo, I recall a beautiful wedding, and I see us for who we are.

Lee and I have both been blessed with deeply rooted friendships.  Friends so close
with so much history. In the past two years, too many of Lee's
friends have passed on too young.  This understanding of the precious quality of life
has made us even more appreciative of all the wonders of living.

This is how we live and love with our hearts on our sleeves.  Willing to be hurt so we can
feel the depth of love.
 
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.
Kahlil Gibran
1923

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.