Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Road trip to Half Moon Bay

We are preparing for our next road trip.  If you have read this blog for any length of time,  you have already read many of my musing about Half Moon Bay.  It is where I grew up, where my roots are and where my dear ones are buried.

In junior high school, what sadly is called middle school now, I had a teacher that taught me about warm fuzzies and cold pricklies... My soul is searching for replenishment of warm fuzzies to counter the cold pricklies of this past spring.

During our visit we will explore the beach, attend the Renegade Craft Fair in San Francisco, maybe hunt at the monthly Paris Flea Market in Livermore, do a little thrifting and simply breathe.

By the way, this hydrangea's (hortensia, like my mother would say) name is Gertrude.  She was placed in my hand by Mary Lou Heard, herself, at the last sale at Heard's Country Gardens years ago.  She was just a single stem. She looks just like diamonds with her pink loveliness now.    

In the Azores hortensias are common and used as fencing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.