Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Monday, November 1, 2010

Manners

Sometimes I simply wonder where have our manners gone?  Try this experiment for the next week.  Say Please, Thank you, Excuse Me, Pardon Me, and Bless You at every appropriate opportunity.  It's so much nicer when everyone is polite.

And it's not just the "younger" generation that lack manners, either.  People of all ages and walks of life  lack common courtesy.  Think about it a minute, who is setting the example after all?  My mother said please and thank you to her dying day.  If it is God's will for me to lose my faculties, I pray that I, too, will remember my manners.

 

Awesome book for children (we change out words like stupid...yep, I know I can be a potty mouth but not in the presence of my offspring) but worthwhile for adults, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.