Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Parabéns, Mãe (Happy Birthday, Mother)

This is one of my mother's gardens.  I know it is hers because it has her personal stamp.  There are carnations, pansies, daisies, cosmos...all the cottage flowers I have in my own garden still. Gardening is what sustained her in the many years she cared for our father.  In the light of the moon she would work her garden for beauty and for food.  In the garden she would talk to her plants and find God's grace.   True love is not about the easy times it is about weathering the storm as a spouse, as a parent and as a child.  My heart has only gratitude for the blessings that were my beloved parents.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it brings you comfort that people who didn't know your mom well also think about her fondly. Someone was encouraging me to break the rules last week by saying "just do it! no one is watching! I won't tell!" and I thought to myself 'no way - Nona would say that SOMEONE is always watching.' Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.