Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day



We were truly blessed to have had the mother we did. Joe and I talk about it all the time. Our mother always put us first, we always had clean nails, our clothes was carefully washed, mended and pressed. We never really understood that we were poor because our mother had such a dignity about her and she knew how to do every thing with her hands. Lee knows it because my mother showed him unconditional love, too. She always lived in little houses but nothing made her happier than having her extended family with her to break bread. We simply took turns sitting at the table to eat. If my mother was home she always had an apron on and didn't sit until everyone was cared for. We each had our favorite dishes and the thoughts of those times brings tears to my eyes now. It was about all of us being together. It is my greatest wish that one day my children will reflect upon my life and feel the love and admiration that I do.

If you are out there, Nicholas, reading this I hope that one day you will realize the truth and know that I never left you. I left an environment that was slowly killing me. My hope is that you will look at my life and see that I worked very hard to provide a place where there is unconditional love, a safe haven where holidays, birthdays, and traditions are celebrated where everyone is the favorite. Where it is not about how much you have but how much you give of your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.