Pumpkin Cottage

Pumpkin Cottage
sit and visit a spell

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

My father was 45 years old when I was born. My father has been gone for 20 years now but I think of him often and miss him still. My father made me feel loved and we shared the love of chocolate. Some of my fondest memories include sharing moments peeling cooked chestnuts during the holidays, eating fresh fava beans in the spring, and him preparing fresh fish for my mother to cook. Father loved and respected animals and I see so much of that in my own children.

It was important to try to pick an amazing man for my children. Yes, my children have an wonderful role model and a loving daddy. We call him Saint Lee and Daddy.

Yesterday, we spent some wonderful moments at Quail Botanical Gardens www.qbgardens.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time for commenting.